Harris S. Fishman, CLU, ChFC, has accomplished significant achievements within the insurance and financial services industry. With his leadership abilities and commitment to service, Harris has taken MassMutual Greater Philadelphia (MMGP) to soaring heights in the region.
Under Harris’ leadership, MassMutual Greater Philadelphia has grown from 40 to over 175 full-time financial professionals. In 2018, Harris and MMGP experienced a record-breaking year as the firm rebranded their New Castle, DE office, opened a brand-new office in Princeton, NJ and significantly expanded their geographic footprint in the Lehigh Valley and Central PA regions with the acquisition of a firm based in Allentown, PA. With 133 years of history, more than 20 office locations, over 54,000 clients1 and $2.38 billion of assets serviced2, MMGP is well positioned to support the ever-growing needs of the clients and communities it serves. Harris is a firm believer that in order to build long-lasting relationships with clients, one must also have to serve the local communities in which they live and work. He is an advocate for providing financial literacy programs to families across the region and champions the access of resources and valuable government benefits for special needs families and their children. Harris is active in a variety of community groups and has served on many local boards: Easterseals of Southeastern Pennsylvania; The American College Foundation and Alumni Association Boards at the American College; Vinny Curry’s Rush 2 Victory and Chair of the Finance Committee at Old York Road Temple Beth-Am.
Harris graduated with honors from the University of Delaware with a Bachelor of Science in Finance and attended Darden Business School’s Executive Leadership Program. Harris is a Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant. He holds Series 7, 6, 65, 63 and 24 registrations with FINRA, and is a registered principal with MML Investors Services, LLC. He served as President of MassMutual’s General Agent’s Association in 2013.
He and his wife, Ellen, live in Rydal, Pennsylvania and have 2 daughters, Rachel and Emily.
Awards & Accolades
- Crystal Achievement Award MassMutual (2003‐2018)
- MassMutual Chairman’s Trophy Gold: 2008, 2010, 2015, 2016 + 2018 Silver: 2017, Bronze: 2012 & 2013
- Best Places to Work Philadelphia Business Journal (2007‐2016)
- Top Work Place Philadelphia Inquirer (2010‐2013, 2015-2019)
- Top CEO Philadelphia Inquirer (2012)
- CEO of the Year Award Main Line Chamber of Commerce (2012)
- CEO Philanthropy Award Executive Leadership Radio (2012)
- Most Admired CEO Philadelphia Business Journal (2015)
- Corporate Culture Award SmartCEO (2015)
- Most Admired CEO’s Change Driver Award Philadelphia Business Journal (2016)
- Master Agency Award GAMA International (2016)
- Future 50 Award SmartCEO (2016)
- Top Leadership Award Philadelphia Inquirer (2016 & 2017)
- Velocity 50 Award CEO Report (2018)
- Corporate Philanthropy Leadership Award Philadelphia Inquirer (2018)
- Influencer of Finance Award3 Philadelphia Inquirer (2019)